Saturday, April 02, 2005

restless

I’m feeling restless. I enter my bedroom, getting ready to go out, but I’m immobilized. I want to figure something out and I feel like I’m searching for answers in places in which I know they won’t be found, nudged by the creeping knowledge that I've already looked there; and even if I were to find them, I know I won’t listen.

Sometimes, I already think I know the answers. And then I think, “Who am I kidding? That’s the wrong answer.” It’s circular---a short track in my head. And it’s not even a nice track with a rich redness. It’s just gray and soggy like today. I trudge along, my feet sink and it’s an exhausting feat of will getting one foot up.

There’s a constant conflict between my nature, the way I know I work, and the nagging voice that wants to push its evolution, perhaps before it’s time.

I just get so tired of convincing and validating and accepting. I just want to throw it all up in the air and laugh at it all as it falls down where it might. But then I’ll just be accepting random outcomes, not owning anything but my ability to give everything important to me up to other forces. But how do you even know when that’s precisely what you should be doing? When doing that is an act of courage and not weakness?

3 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Lie - Paehlke said...

specifics please.

i know you wouldn't mention that on the internet, but this is what i'm talking about in some of your posts, where they are vague, floating castles, that are interesting and well-structured, but could mean a dozen different things.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:16:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe your restlessness is your reaction to change. you may be seeking it or maybe, you are going against it, creating this chaos and confusion. either way, i sense fear, but that's natural especially if you are faced with the unknown or if you anticipate difficult roads ahead.

change is inevitable - we all know this but we still fear it's arrival at our doorstep. but it also brings new adventures and priceless opportunities, if we are willing to go where it takes us.

are you up for a little detour?

Monday, April 04, 2005 12:28:00 a.m.  
Blogger me said...

vague entries serve a dual purpose...i need not divulge anything AND people can decorate the castles however they want. restlessness is restlessness no matter how you look at it.

i think you already know the number of things that i could possibly be talking about. (and this does pertain to a number of things.) i suppose you could always ask me the next time you see me. but you know me and talking...

to emm: hmmmm...a detour can be nice. get my mind off of things. i just don't know if i'm ready never to find my way back.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 6:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home